Welcome to Dacula Softball
Dacula Softball plays according to modified Amateur Sotball Association (ASA) rules and regulations. For additional information you are encouraged to visit the Dixie Youth Baseball website and read the Baseball Handbook.
We offer both a Spring and a Fall Softball program. Sign-ups for the Spring season usually begin around the second week of January and generally runs for two weekends, depending on the turnnout. Practice will normally start in February and the opening day of the Spring season is in March. The Spring season runs through the end of May. The Fall sign-ups begin during the last week of July and the first Fall game usually takes place right after Labor Day. The Fall season runs through October.
We offer a Travel Softball program for ages 9 and up. These teams are picked from tryouts usually held November for the following year. These Travel teams represent Dacula at various venues in the Southeast.
Important dates to remember for Spring 2012 Season:
- Registration: July 1st. Fee is $155
- Walk up registration: July 23 at Dacula High School 6:30pm-9pm
- Evaluations: August 11th
- Drafts: August 13th
- Opening Day: September 13th
- Falcon Fall Classic: November 8th-11th
The League Age Chart is based on your childs age as of 12/31/12:
- Pre T - Ages 3 & 4 - 5/1/08 to 4/30/10 (This is a coed league listed under Baseball)
- T Ball - Ages 4 & 6 - 1/1/06 to 12/31/08
- PeeWee - Ages 7 & 8 - 1/1/04 to 12/31/05
- Minor - Ages 9 & 10 - 1/1/02 to 12/31/03
- Major - Ages 11 & 12 - 1/1/00 to 12/31/01
- Junior - Ages 13 & 14 - 1/1/98 to 12/31/99
- Senior - Ages 15 to 18 - 1/1/94 to 12/31/97
Dacula provides as part of registration a jersey, pants, belt, sweatshirt, socks and visor. You must provide a helmet, glove, bat and cleats.
Evaluations will be held Saturday, February 4th, 2012 at Dacula Park. If you are unable to attend evaluations your child will still be placed on a team. Times and field locations vary depending on your age group. You can refer to the Field Location map under the Parent section of the website for your fields location in the park.
For the most updated information on Saturday, please call the Dacula Rainout Number for information on changes to the evaluation dates and times. 678-229-2732.
- T-Ball TBD
- PeeWee TBD
- Minor TBD
- Major TBD
- Junior / Senior TBD